We are expanding! Are you an experienced full-stack software developer that likes to be challenged? Do you love working on solutions with a big social impact? Then this job is for you!
Orbisk is a start-up on a mission to make the world’s food system more sustainable. We do this by using progressive and innovative technology. One of today's biggest challenges is food waste. Worldwide about one-third of all food produced is wasted. Looking at The Netherlands, for the hospitality industry alone, this adds up to 150 million kilos yearly!
Our integrated solution provides hospitality organizations with complete insight into their food waste. By doing so help them cut their waste in half. For this, we make maximum use of recent developments in computer vision and AI. Our smart camera, connected to a smart scale below the waste bin, will automatically register all food that is thrown away, down to the ingredient level.
About the position:
- A senior role within a small and rapidly growing team;
- Involvement in strategic product development decisions;
- A wide variety of technically challenging work; topics such as artificial intelligence, cloud architecture, data backend, customer portal and customer front-end.
The ideal Full Stack Developer:
- Bachelor or Masters degree (ideally in or related to Computer Science);
- Enthusiastic, assertive and has innovative solutions;
- Has knowledge and a proven track record in developing cloud-based solutions and a DevOps mindset;
- Located in the Netherlands is a must: Orbisk is located in Utrecht;
- Last but not least; wants to help us in the fight against food waste!
What we offer:
- A young and creative start-up environment that stimulates and invests in your personal development;
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home;
- A close team with smart and enthusiastic colleagues who love to share their knowledge.